Thaipusam is a once in a year unique Hindu festival that is celebrated in a grand scale in the famous Batu Caves. For year 2006 this festival falls on the 10th-12 of February.
For more insights in click - Thaipusam
Evening on 11 or 12 Feb 2006, gather at the meeting point, depart by bus for trip to Batu Caves.
* Orientation to and explanation of Hindu Religious & Cultural Observances
as they occur!
* Witness the devotees go into a trance' with the chanting of prayers and see the piercing as it takes place with Hindu holy men at the riverside.
*Climb the steps to Batu Caves with the 'Kavadi's', and visit the Hindu shrine within.
* Visit the smaller caves gallery depicting Hindu Religious Stories with brightly coloured, artistic statue displays.
* Browse the stalls for unique Indian treats to eat, or for souvenirs to bring home.
Return by bus back to Kuala Lumpur early next morning morning.
* Indian Hindu Guide * Bus from KL - Batu Caves - KL
* Light refreshments *Admission fees to Galleries
Walk with the Chariot Procession as it leaves the main temple in Kuala Lumpur. This procession to Batu Caves heralds the start of the festival. You will walk with and
observe this procession first hand as it winds its way to the Caves.
This event takes place late night on the 10th of February, 2006 at approx. 11:30PM.
Duration: 6 Hours
Tour Pickup Time: 7:00 pm (11 Feb2005, unless option added)
* Wear comfortable walking shoes, tennis shoes.
*To add Additional Option add RM30
Since this package is only available once in a year, there is a limit as to number of persons we can cater for. Bookings will be on a first come basis. Minimum 2 adults per booking.